Franklin Springs McDonald’s reopens with fresh, new look and kiosks
The waiting is over for those who have been anticipating the grand reopening of the newly remodeled McDonald’s in Franklin Springs. McDonald’s officials and city officials gathered at the restaurant on Tuesday to celebrate the fresh new interior which also includes ordering kiosks.
Local owner/operator Terry Shugart, Franklin Springs Mayor Lee Moore and city council members Bill Bell and Tom Wilson helped unveil the major makeover to the community with a special ribbon-cutting and celebration.
This renovation project is part of McDonald’s $6 billion plan to renovate more than 14,000 restaurants nationwide. The economic investment for Georgia alone is about $170 million, impacting 340 restaurants.
As part of the celebration, the restaurant will be offering some daily specials starting Feb. 18. The specials include:
- Monday- Free small drink with purchase of a breakfast sandwich during breakfast hours;
- Tuesday- $1.99 Happy Meal After 3 p.m.
- Wednesday- Free cookie with purchase
- Thursday- Show Your School Pride Day- Wear your favorite school’s jersey or t-shirt and receive a free McCafe with purchase; $1.99 Happy Meal after 3 p.m.
- Friday- Free pie with the purchase of any extra value meal.
The restaurant is located at 2924 W. Main St. in Franklin Springs.